You have turned my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent.
It is so easy to neglect to be thankful as I have grown accustomed to sunshine and blessing. There are joy pools all around me waiting to be explored with words of acknowledgment and praise. This Psalm 30 will be about 30 s for me. Don’t wait to praise Him with my words or actions. Respond now and do not let that moment pass. For I will extol You O Lord for You have lifted me up. And I will do it now without settling into complacent passivity.
- Explicitly affirm my love to my friend or family.
- Initiate a lunch with a friend or acquaintance.
- Memorize and meditate on that Psalm all the day.
- Excel in good work with perseverance as unto the Lord.
- Engage in the difficult conversation in love.
- Serve my neighbor or co-worker freely without strings.
Do these things as soon as they come to mind. Look to jump into the joy pools, forgetting the chill of the entry instant to relish in the freshness and splendor beneath the surface. Do not hold your tongue for even 30 s.
Surely He has done great things for me to be living and breathing today, and so much more. Praise him now!